- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- About 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 jars of Aspen Street Jam (any flavor)
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Confectioners' sugar
1) Dissolve yeast in warm water until foamy. Combine milk, egg, butter, sugar and salt in another bowl. Add yeast mixture and 3 cups of sugar. Beat for 1 minute at a medium speed until smooth.
2) Add in remaining flour until it forms a soft dough. Knead for about 6-8 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in lightly greased bowl. Cover and place in a warm dry place until doubled. (About 1 hour)
3) Punch down dough and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 4 portions. Roll all 4 into 12 inch circles. Place on greased pizza pan.
4) Soften jam in microwave for 15 seconds. Spread 1/3 jam to within 1/2 inch from the edge of the dough. Repeat twice, layering dough and jam. End with the final portion of dough.
5) Place a 2-3 in. round cutter on top of the dough. (Don't press down). With a sharp knife cut 16 evenly spaced cuts from the round cutter to the edge of the dough. Remove cutter, grasp 2 strips and rotate twice outward. Pinch ends together. Repeat with remaining strips.
6) Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until almost doubled. (About 30 min) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush lightly with melted butter. Cool compleley, and dust with confectioners' sugar.